Turmeric Smoothie Recipe
Do not process the ingredients required for this recipe longer than necessary, as it can destroy some of their health properties. Hemp (or coconut) milk should not be replaced with regular milk. If you do not fancy any of these, use almond milk.
- 1 cup hemp or coconut milk
- 1 fresh banana
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple or mango
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp Chia seeds
- 1 tsp maca root powder
Put all the ingredients in your blender and blend until you get a nice and smooth texture. Drink the turmeric smoothie every morning before you eat or drink anything. It is one of the best ways to maximize the antioxidant intake and boost your energy.
Turmeric -- Side-effects
1. Pregnancy: Oral applications of turmeric in medicinal amounts are considered as unsafe.
2. Breast-feeding: Science does not provide enough evidence regarding this topic. However, we suggest that you avoid consuming turmeric during breast-feeding.
3. Gallbladder: Turmeric can make gallbladder problems even worse.
4. Stomach problems: Turmeric can upset your stomach and avoid using it if you suffer from gastroesophageal reflux disease.
5. Surgery: It may slow the blood clotting. In some cases it can cause extra bleeding during and after the surgery.
Karen Foster is a holistic nutritionist, avid blogger, with five kids and an active lifestyle that keeps her in pursuit of the healthiest path towards a life of balance.