Cauliflower is an incredibly nutritious and versatile vegetable which improves health in various ways, so it should be a welcome addition to anyone’s diet.
It is a rich source of antioxidants, such as glucosinolates and isothiocyanates, fiber, choline, sulforaphane, as well as vitamins C, K, B6, folate, potassium, manganese, magnesium, and phosphorus.
Due to the high levels of antioxidants, studies have shown that it can slow down the growth of cancer cells. Additionally, this humble vegetable has a plethora of other important health benefits as well, as follows:
- It detoxifies the body and improves digestion
- Boosts the function of the brain
- Strengthens the immune system and prevents infections
- It boosts the protection from ultraviolet radiation
- Fights inflammation
- Treats heart and circulatory issues
- Improves bone health as it is rich in vitamin K
- Improves eye health
- Supports a healthy pregnancy
- Prevents free radical damage and premature aging
- Helps weight loss
- Regulates hormones
Today, we decided to share one delicious, healthy, gluten and dairy-free vegan recipe that contains cauliflower with you, as we bet it will quickly become one of your favorites!
Balsamic and Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
- 8 cups cauliflower florets (one-inch slices)
- • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- • 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- • Freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- • ½ cup nutritional yeast
- • 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- • ¼ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
Preheat the oven to 450°F. In a mixing bowl, place the cauliflower florets, and toss with coconut oil, marjoram, salt, and pepper. When they are coated, spread them on a baking sheet, and roast them in the oven for about 20 minutes, until they become soft and brown. Then take them out of the oven, cover them evenly in balsamic vinegar and nutritional yeast, and return them in the oven. Roast for about 5-10 minutes, until the nutritional yeast melts. Enjoy!