These Plants Are Oxygen Bombs – Have At Least One Of Them To Clean The Air At Your Home

Plants release oxygen in the place where they are, but a few of us know that they are much more favorable for our living place. Namely, they are able to clean the air from mold and toxins, and thus positively influence our health.

A study on domestic plants by NASA found that some plants are better than others in cleaning the air and removing the toxins from the room. These plants also clean the air from dust, paint, building materials and the like. NASA recommends 15 and 18 of these plants in an area of 500 square meters, which means that you will need 3 to 4 plants for a space of 80 square meters. It is extremely beneficial to have one of these in the bedroom because you sleep there.


This article presents the 6 most efficient plants that you ought to keep at home.

Ivy (Hedera Helix)

The ivy is a must-have herb in your home. It is extremely potent, and within six hours, it will remove 58% feces particles and 60% of the toxins in the air.

Spider plant (ChlorophytumComosum)

It is great in absorbing toxins from the air as carbon monoxide, formaldehyde, gasoline and styrene. Moreover, it is amazing as it is able to perform photosynthesis under minimal light. You will need only one plant to clean the air in 200 square meters space.

Peace lilies (Spathiphyllum “Mauna Loa”) 

This plant removes toxins from the air, eliminates formaldehyde and trichloroethylene.


Aloe Vera plant can replace nine air purifiers. This plant is great for increasing oxygen level in the home, for it absorbs the carbon dioxide, formaldehyde and carbon monoxide.

Snake plant (SansevieriaTrifasciata “Laurentii”)

The snake plant  can perform photosynthesis under minimal light, and it is advisable to keep it  in the bedroom as it produces oxygen during the night.

Ficus (FicusElastica)

You can easilymaintain this lant and it doesn’t need a lot of light. It is quite effective in purifying the air of formaldehyde. However, note that you should avoid it if you have pets or small children, for its leaves may be poisonous.