Love is simple and pure, but relationships are another story. Love is not overcomplicated, full of drama and turmoil. True love is experienced by mature people, who chase love in itself, while drama is reserved for immature individuals, who are only interested in a good story.
Yet, a successful relationship cannot be based on love only. It requires respect, trust, understanding, care, mutual interests, and similar goals in life. A mature relationship has a bright future, which is not the case with an immature one.
Here are eight differences between mature and immature relationships:
1. Mature relationships are strong and passionate, so they do not peter out
2. Mature relationships do not require validation, as they are founded on comfort and trust, while immature ones are consumed by insecurity and doubts
3. Mature couples are not preoccupated with timelines and do not allow cultural norms to affect their decisions about important things. People in love allow things to happen at their own pace and trust their instincts.
4. In a mature relationship, partners solve their problems face to face, instead of spending their days bickering over a screen
5. No one can come between partners in a mature relationship, while immature relationships are endangered by various outside factors
6. Mature relationships do not make you feel empty, while an immature one will always make you feel like you are missing something
7. Partners in a mature relationship are already developed, and they respect individuality, while immature ones aim to achieve completeness in the relationship
8. Immature relationships dwell on the past. Mature partners are not worried about each other’s past, they are focused on the present moment and the future they will spend together. Mature couples do not feel threatened by anybody.
A healthy and strong relationship is based on mature love. Mature love exists without question of motive or condition, it trusts, accepts, respects, waits, and forgives.
On the other hand, immature couples are jealous, afraid, impatient, intolerant to mistakes, demanding and needy, and insincere.