Do you believe that you have to find a partner in order to enjoy your life?
Love is our driving force, the reason we find joy in the smallest things in life, but do we have to settle down just to be like everyone else, even if we do not feel like it?
Apparently, we don’t.
Taking your time to enjoy life solo is sometimes the best decision you can make, and women who decide to remain single until they are sure they have found the right partner end up happier in the long run.
Single women do not base their happiness on their relationship status, and not being in a relationship does not make them feel lonely or miserable. Intelligent women are often picky when it comes to dating, as they do not need a partner to feel fulfilled.
According to Mintel’s Single Lifestyles UK 2017 Report, an increasing number of women choose to remain single and enjoy their own company.
Jack Duckett, Senior Consumer Lifestyles Analyst at Mintel, explained:
“It is easy to assume that all singletons are actively looking for a partner; however, our data shows that this is far from always being the case.
Much of this reluctance to look for a partner can be attributed to the young increasingly prioritizing their education, careers and financial stability over being in relationships.”
Here are several reasons why going solo for some time can eventually make you happier:
- Single women have more time to deepen their bonds with their family and friends
- Single women have time to focus on their career and pursue their dreams, without feeling pressured to make their aspiration secondary to those of their partner
- Single women learn to become independent and self-reliant, and strengthen the relationship to their own self first
- It is absolutely okay to break the rules and fail everyone else’s expectations. Single women learn not to depend on other people’s opinions, and they have their own idea of what should they do with their life
- These women learn who they actually are and start loving and respecting themselves, which should always be a priority before entering a relationship
- Living a single life teaches one of independence and decisiveness
After becoming strong, independent, and self-aware, single women have more successful relationships, and they stay in them just because they enjoy it. This is the ideal foundation for a healthy and loving relationship.
Yet, staying single is equally acceptable. Just remember, your life, your choice.