There is no right time to do a body detox – you can cleanse your body of toxins in any moment you consider appropriate. Speaking of detoxification, wheatgrass is one of the most powerful means to perform it.
It has a similar effect to pure solar energy, and 7.5 grams of wheatgrass offer the exact nutritional value as 175 grams of carrots, lettuce or celery. Wheatgrass has strong cleansing properties, and even pharaohs were aware of its power.
Today, in the era of stress, pollution, hazardous radiation and unhealthy food, the detoxifying power of green grass is needed more than ever.
If you are often tired and distracted, consider doing wheatgrass cleansing, as it will boost your energy and improve your health.
Here are some of the most common signs that your body needs a proper detox treatment:
- skin problems
- odor and unpleasant body odor
- flatulence and gases
- excessive weight gain or weight loss
- fatigue, poor concentration, poor memory
- premature aging
Wheatgrass is packed with 100 essential elements, including fatty acids, enzymes, and antioxidants.
It is about 70% chlorophyll, and this element is known for its potency to eliminate toxins and heavy metals from the body. Wheatgrass is also rich in vitamins A, B, B17, C, E, F, K, and minerals like potassium, iron, magnesium, and calcium.
It rises the number of red blood cells up, purifies blood and other vital organs, and it also boosts metabolism. As we already explained, wheatgrass is rich in chlorophyll, which is essential as it supplies blood with oxygen. It also cleanses liver, neutralizes toxins, stimulates proper thyroid function and decreases acidic pH values in the body.
You may find it hard to believe in, but wheatgrass returns natural hair color to individuals with gray hair.
Drink fresh wheatgrass juice every day to boost your health, stop your hair from graying and bring your natural hair color back.
Dr Ann Wigmore was the first to promote the habit of drinking fresh juice of young green cereals. She did a study on the properties provided by wheatgrass juice, giving a detailed description of the process of cultivating wheatgrass in shallow containers. She also designed an inexpensive wheatgrass juicer so everyone can enjoy this elixir of life without paying a small fortune.
At the age of 82, the doctor did not have any gray hair at all. It was so incredible that her students asked her if they can examine her hair in the lab. The results were more than amazing. It turned out that it was her very own natural hair color!
Wheatgrass juice cleanses blood and stimulates skin regeneration.
Chlorophyll, amino acids, minerals, vitamins and enzymes together make wheatgrass a real bomb with extremely powerful health and medicinal properties.
She recommends taking 1 oz / 30ml of fresh juice per day. Increase the dose gradually until you get to consuming 30 ml of juice twice a day.
Here are some useful tips on how to grow wheatgrass:
- Soak your organic seeds in water for 8-12 hours
- Leave them soaked in a glass jar. Rinse the seeds three times in the next 24 hours.
- Once you see them sprouting, plant the seeds in a separate jar. It should be 2/3 soil.
- Water your seeds and keep the jar covered in the first three days. This step is necessary as it will prevent drying. During these days, water the seeds well every morning, and sprinkle some water over it in the evening.
- Take the lid off on day 4 and store the seeds in indirect sunlight.
- Wheat grows well in temperatures between 21 and 26. This temperature is also ideal when it comes to avoiding mold. But, if mold still appears, you have to plant new seeds.
- Harvest your wheatgrass once it reaches 20 centimeters. Keep it in the sun for two days before harvesting. This step will increase the synthesis of chlorophyll.
- If you decide to plant wheatgrass again, you have to use new seeds and soil.
- Use a powerful juicer or blender to extract maximum juice. If you are using a blender, add a little water.
Add fresh wheatgrass to your healthy shakes. Combine these ingredients in your blender:
- 1 oz /30ml fresh wheatgrass juice
- 1 tbsp chopped mint
- 1 cup pineapple
- 1 cup orange juice
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 2/3 cup ice
Other included sources linked in Healthy and Natural Life’s article: