Turmeric is one of the most effective curative herbs.It is very good for the bones and joints ,and also helps in preventing cancer.
Turmeric detoxifies the liver and cleanses the kidneys, speeding the metabolism and helping with your weight. It also assists in conditions of depression, arthritis, damaged skin etc. That’s why Turmeric is pervasive in both Chinese medicine and Ayurveda.
This is what you’ll need:
- raw honey
- 5-7 inches turmeric
- 5-7 tamarind
- 2 lemons
- food processor
- mason jar or other glass jar with a lid
1. Peel the turmeric and don’t worry when your hands turn yellow. In case your countertop gets dirty, apply some dish soup. Let it stay like that for 5 minutes and then wash it using a sponge. The blemish will disappear.
2. Open the tamarind. Double-check that you remove all the inner roots, because we’ll only be using te inner fruit.
3. Place the peeled turmeric in a big pot with water and let it boil for about 20 minutes while the water gets marigold colour.
4. During the time of boiling, put 1 inch of water and the peeled tamarind in a pan. Stir the fruit with a wooden spoon until it melts into a jam. If it becomes dry, put some more water in it.
By now, you should see the appearance of the seeds. When it looks soft enough, turn the heat off and let it chill.
5. The colour of the tumeric water should be in line by now.Put some cold water to reduce the temperature. Pour the tumeric water and the tumeric into a food processor. After being boiled, the root becomes soft and has a better flavour, so it’s prepared for getting an even better flavour in the food processor. The colour should now become blazing marigold.
6. The colander is located on a small pot in order to keep the tamarind, now pour the substance in the colander. Put the jam around the colander with the wooden spoon, we don’t want to use the seeds or the peels.
7. Place the kept tamarind and the tumeric water in the food processor.
8. You’re practically ready. Next, squeeze the lemons in the food processor, take the processor and pour the delicious jam in the mason jar. You can add some honey to improve the taste. Then, close the lid and mix it.
9. Put it in the fridge for 3 or 4 days and drink it daily.
Other sources linked in Natural Cures Not Medicine’s article and original source: