This cream is great as a snack or as a cake cream. It has strong chocolate flavor and it is smooth and soft, with small crumbs because of the chia seeds. This is amazing gluten free recipe !
- 2 flat tablespoons of chia seeds
- 15 tablespoons of water (if you are making a cake cream, use 8-10 tablespoons of water)
- 2-3 tablespoons of almond butter
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa
- 3 bananas
Less than 5 minutes. It can be prepared without any appliances.
- Soak chia seeds in water.
- Stir a bit and you can immediately add cocoa and mashed bananas.
- If you like to get a smoother cream, use a food processor for the bananas. You can mash 1 banana and slice the other two - its a matter of taste.
- Add cocoa and stir until well mixed. Finally (actually, it does not matter when you add the ingredients, you can also prepare it by adding almond butter before bananas) add almond butter and stir again until well mixed.
- Let it rest for 30 minutes before you consume it.
- As a cake cream, you should make it more thick and use less water. You can add 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil to thicken it more.
You can use almond butter made of roasted almonds. It gives great aroma. You can prepare almond butter super easy at home, but it takes time, if the food processor is not powerful. It is recommended to prepare almond butter while doing something else. Home made almond butter is 3 times cheaper than store-bought.
Q: What variations can you come up with? How can you use it?
By adding hazelnut butter it would taste like Nutella! You can eat it as a snack after exercising. You can also make a raw cake. Hazelnuts and dates and cream in-between. You can prepare the cream with a hazelnut butter and wallah -- you have a Nutella cake!