This Plant Can Harm A Child In One Minute

Many of us love beautiful green plants and we grow them in our homes. However, what many may not know is that there are some plants that actually can have disastrous effects on our health and well-being. The situation gets worse if children, unaware of the danger, come into contact with some of these plants.

Namely, this is an advice from a parent who is appealing to be cautious around these poisonous plants after experiencing a great loss.


“I have recently lost my angel of 3 years, who mistakenly swallowed leaf of this poisonous plant, her tongue swelled and lead her to death. This poisonous plant snatched my daughter so I am warning everyone to not keep this and similar plants having the same poisonous characteristics at home as it can cost a life of your loved one”.

“Dieffenbachia” is a very beautiful plant, often found in homes and offices. Its beauty adds to any environment, since the natural greenery is a marvelous sight. However, it also has extremely harmful effects.  With both children and pets, contact with dieffenbachia (typically from chewing) can cause a host of unpleasant symptoms, including intense numbing, oral irritation, excessive drooling, and localized swelling.  In rare situations the symptoms may lead to death.

Consequently, you should not keep this plant in the home and you should take precautions if exposed in its natural environment.

Dieffenbachia can have such a strong effect in some people, that even if small quantities are consumed, it can cause death in children within 1 minute, while elders can die within 15 minutes. Even touching it by hand and rubbing eyes with same hands can lead to permanent blindness.

However, if you do not want to remove it from your household environment, always keep it sheltered away from children and pets and this preventing its negative effects.

ther included sources linked in Mr. Healthy Life’s article: -- Original Article Source