“A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous.” -- Ingrid Bergman
There is huge magic in kissing and people adore it!
We kiss to say hello, goodbye, to show love, to comfort, and for luck. Kissing pleases the body and soul, and keeps us connected, it strengthens our bonds.
Yet, people can see and use kissing in different ways, and there are so many different types of kisses, like a gentle and long one, a surprise kiss, kissing on the cheek, on the ear, on the forehead, Inuit, pressed-up-against-the-door makeout sesh, or a French kiss.
Forehead kisses are extremely powerful, as they communicate something deeper than erotic attraction or a simple greeting.
According to Laurel Steinberg, Ph.D., clinical sexologist and relationship therapist:
“The forehead kiss demonstrates strong emotional intimacy.”
They are much more personal than kisses on the mouth, and here are 8 reasons why they are a great way to show affection:
- A kiss on the forehead shows adoration, a way to say ‘I think you’re great’ or ‘you’re perfect’
- It is an excellent way to communicate without words
- A kiss on the forehead shows love and care and makes you feel protected and safe
- The third eye chakra is located exactly on the forehead, so a kiss there is like touching the soul
- When your partner comes home from work and kisses you on the forehead, it shows s/he was thinking of you and cared about you all-day
- It supports an emotional connection, without emphasizing the sexual one
- It is a great way to show affection in public without drawing too much attention
- It shows your appreciation and respect
A forehead kiss can mean a lot of things, but it is one of the sweetest kisses you can give or receive. It is the most powerful kiss, one that makes us feel loved and truly cared for.