If you are suffering from sleep disorders, then you probably desperately seek for a solution to your problem. Well, Dr. Andrew Weil will help you forget those countless sleepless nights.
Do not lose any more time and try this trick that will put you to sleep in seconds. Based on yoga and its breathing practices, Dr. Weil produces “The 4-7-8 Breathing Exercise”.
He suggests that this exercise can be done everywhere and it is very easy. Also, it won’t take long and you don’t need any equipment. This breathing exercise is supposed to lower the heart pulse and calm the mind.
Here is all that you need to do and solve your sleeping issues:
- Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound.
- Close your mouth and inhale quietly through your nose to a mental count of 4.
- Hold your breath for a count of 7.
- Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound to a count of 8.
- This is one breath. Now inhale again and repeat the cycle three more times for a total of four breaths.
Dr. Weil advises you to focus on keeping the ratio correct and inhaling/exhaling deeply every time. Although it may sound too easy to work, as soon as you try it, you will be convinced in the effectiveness of this method.