You probably did not know that you can color eggs in a completely natural way, without using any food colors. It is easy to do, it is fun and you can also show your children the power of nature in the kitchen, or you can just bring some colorful eggs to work and make people wonder how you got the color.
It is easy to do, and we have listed different colors and the products you should use to get the desired color. “Boiled” means that you must boil the ingredient to extract the color you need.
Wash well hard boiled eggs in warm after to remove any oil left, which can affect the dyeing process. Let the eggs cool for a while.
Note: You do not have to use every ingredient to get the color you need, we just listed all the ingredients you could use for each color.
- Small Amount of Purple Grape Juice
- Violet Flowers + 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- Red Zinger Tea bags (Celestial Seasoning brand)
- Violet Flowers (no lemon juice)
- Red Onion Skins (boiled)
- Red Wine
- Hibiscus Tea
- Canned Blueberries
- Large Amount of Purple Grape Juice
- Red Cabbage Leaves (boiled)
- Next page »