Residents in coastal areas are known for their traditional recipes, and in this article we give you their favorite. It uses all-natural ingredients, which means that it is a safe way to treat various health problems, including:
- Stomach issues
- High cholesterol
- Asthma and bronchitis
- Infertility (Some women claim that it was the only thing that helped them to conceive)
Why should you use figs?
Figs have the highest calcium content of all plants. This makes them an excellent alternative for the treatment of those who cannot consume dairy due to severe allergic reactions.
Figs are also rich in fiber, which means they provide an amazing laxative effect. Figs also stimulate a healthy weight loss process.
Figs offer plenty of potassium.
It is the nutrient that puts blood pressure and other body functions under control. Their omega-3 and omega-6 fats maintain normal blood pressure and prevent coronary heart attacks.
Dried figs contain more phenol antioxidants than any other dried fruit. According to a study, by consuming 2 medium-sized figs every day you can stimulate the antioxidant activity in your body.
Figs can also aid in the elimination of kidney stones, as shown in a study. Boil 6 figs in 200ml of water. Take this remedy every day for a month to get rid of kidney stones.
- Fig leaves have strong anti-diabetic potential, since they decrease the amount of insulin.
- Tryptophan in figs gives you an awesome sleep. It aids in the treatment of sleep disorders, including insomnia.
- Figs are abundant in vitamin C. Regular consumption of figs can help you lighten and even out your skin tone.
- Vitamin B6 in figs is great for those who deal with morning sickness.
Dried figs and olive oil
- 40 dried figs
- olive oil
- Put 40 dried figs in a larger jar, and pour over some extra virgin olive oil. Make sure the figs are well covered.
- Put the lid on and let the figs rest for 40 days. Your dried figs will absorb nice amounts of the oil.
- Eat one fig before each meal to relieve your condition
Other included sources linked in Natural News’s article: