People in Asia have been using three healing Japanese mushrooms -- Shiitake, Maitake and Reishi, so-called medicinal mushrooms -- in the traditional medicine, and these mushrooms are rich in vitamins (complex C and B), proteins and essential amino acids, fiber, calcium, iron and other minerals.
Shiitake mushrooms (Lentinula Edodes)
Grow naturally on the tree bark in forests in Japan, Korea and other Asian countries, but because of their wide medical use, this mushrooms are commercially cultivated in the USA and worldwide.
Shiitake mushrooms are rich in proteins, carbohydrates, fiber and essential vitamins and minerals, which is the main reason why these mushrooms are recommended as additional medical treatment of Hepatitis B, stomach cancer, HIV infections, cardiovascular diseases etc.
is a kind of healing mushroom which grows in the northern areas of Japan, where people have been calling it “vitality mushroom” for centuries.
In modern alternative medicine, this kind of mushroom is known for it immunostimulatory, anti-cancer, anti-stress and antiviral properties, so it is recommended in the treatment of autoimmune, carcinogen, allergic and system diseases.
Reishi (Ganoderma Lucidum)
is a kind of a red mushroom widely known for its healing properties -- reduces chronic fatigue and and weakness, insomnia, coughing etc.
Reishi mushrooms contain few important chemical ingredients including: polysaccharides, triterpenes, mannitol etc. This mushroom is especially beneficial in asthmatic condition, chronic bronchitis and other respiratory diseases; helps in cases of high blood pressure, cholesterol and triglycerides etc.
Health Benefits of Maitake, Reishi and Shiitake Mushrooms
- Anti-cancer properties -- these mushrooms are used in treating localized and metastatic cancer;
- Improve immunity and cardiovascular health;
- Protect organism against viruses, bacteria and fungal infections;
- Have anti-inflammatory effect and fight against allergies;
- Help balancing sugar level in blood;
- Reduce high cholesterol and triglyceride levels in blood;
- Help in asthmatic conditions, bronchitis, coughing and other respiratory diseases;
- Help revitalization and detoxification;