Lemon belongs to the group of citrus fruits, in which orange, tangerine, grapefruit and others are included.It is cheap, available and versatile. It is particularly useful when it comes to your health.
This yellow fruit contains not only vitamin C, but other vitamins (vitamin B riboflavin), and minerals such as potassium, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium. The composition of lemon includes protein and carbohydrates.
The rind of lemon is very helpful, because it is rich in vitamin P. The lemon rind contains essential oils that are useful for: normalizing blood pressure, reducing cholesterol levels, prevention of atherosclerosis, boosting the immune system, headache, nausea, fatigue, improvement of memory and concentration.
You can use lemon for your hair. If you are blonde, you can use lemon to brighten your hair. To do this, drain the juice of half a lemon in your hair and sit for an hour in the sun. After you wash your hair it will look cleaner, fresher and brighter.
Some of the advantages of lemons:
- When having a headache, squeeze lemon into your coffee.
- Use fresh lemon juice for bee stings to relieve pain.
- Lemon stops bleeding and can be used as a natural antiseptic for your wounds.
- Lemon mixed with olive oil helps you battle gallstone.
- Some claim that regular intake of fresh lemon can be helpful against kidney stones.
- Lemon helps to fight acne. If you have oily skin, brush your face with lemon juice twice a day. Leave it on for 5 minutes and then wash it off.