Today we often use it as a spice, but it is far more than that. Cinnamon has a long history, and in the past it was a natural remedy that people used to treat many diseases.
Colds and Chronic Cough
- Combine a tablespoon of honey and a ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Take this remedy three times a day.
- Cough and cold symptoms should disappear within three days.
High cholesterol level
- Add three teaspoons of cinnamon and two tablespoons of honey to 400 ml of tea (green tea is the best option).
- Drink your tea three times a day.
It is confirmed that this combination lowers cholesterol by as much as ten percent within 4 hours after you consume it.
- Add half a teaspoon of cinnamon to a cup of boiling water, cover and leave it for 30 minutes.
- When it cools, add a tablespoon of honey.
- Drink half of the remedy half an hour before bedtime, cover the other half and leave it in the fridge.
- Drink it in the morning before you eat or drink anything, half an hour before your breakfast (do not heat it).
- Combine a teaspoon of cinnamon, a tablespoon of honey and some warm olive oil.
- Apply this mask on your hair, leave it on for 15 minutes, then rinse.
- Stir a teaspoon of honey and a teaspoon of cinnamon in a cup of lukewarm water and rinse your mouth.
- Combine two tablespoons of warm water, one tablespoon of honey and one teaspoon of cinnamon. Rub the mixture on the bite.
- Unpleasant symptoms of pain, burning or itching should disappear in a minute or two.
- And finally, a sweet cinnamon surprise for all those who besides of taking care of their health also take care about their pleasure.
Cinnamon in Cooking
Thanks to its divine aroma and its powerful healing properties, Ceylon cinnamon is used since ancient times in different ways, and today it is more used than ever.
It enriches the flavor of many desserts throughout the world, such as pies and apple strudel, donuts, pastries, fruit salads and compotes.
Add it to drinks like coffee, tea, liquor, and hot cocoa.
In Mexico it is used in the preparation of chocolate.
In the Middle East it is also added to savory food.
In the United States it enriches the taste of cereal products -- bread, pastry and double baked bread.
Where can you buy Ceylon cinnamon?
On the market you can find cinnamon powder or sticks. Carefully read the declaration, and avoid Chinese cinnamon (cassia). Unfortunately, Ceylon cinnamon cannot be fount in every store, but you would most certainly find it in healthy food stores.