Oh, I love chocolate cake! And who doesn’t? Well, many might refuse to have a piece of it just because it is full of calories, or they might be intolerant to eggs or dairy.
But haven’t you realized it yet that everything is possible these days? You can now have a healthy, dairy and egg-free chocolate cake, guys! What’s more, you will reap all the health benefits of avocados!
Functional medicine dietitian Ariana Cucuzza, RD, says:
“Obviously, there is a good reason for including avocado in your diet because it offers so many benefits.”
Also, “it has the ability to be sweet or savory. You can throw it in a smoothie for texture or make some guac.”
The use of avocado in cooking is nothing new, just like avocado-based desserts, but vegan cooking made them more popular these days. The natural creaminess of avocados makes these desserts incredibly soft and tasty.
Therefore, you can now enjoy a healthier version of your favorite sweet treats like chocolate pies, cakes, key lime bars, and ice cream, without sacrificing taste or texture.
These delicious, healthy fruits consist of 73% water, 15% fat, 8.5% carbohydrates (mostly fibers) and 2% protein. Half an avocado has only 109 calories, and its high water content makes it excellent for baked goods.
Avocados are rich in nutrients and fiber, antioxidants and good fats. Therefore, they assist weight loss, prevent blood sugar spikes, and lower blood pressure, cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
Avocados also contain lutein and zeaxanthin, two antioxidants that improve eye health.
Yet, let’s not forget we are here for the Chocolate Cake Recipe with Avocado!
<How to use avocado instead of butter and eggs in recipes:
- Remove the skin and pit, and scoop it into a blender or food processor
- Add 2 tablespoons to each cup of avocado puree to prevent it from turning brown
- Substitute 1 cup of mashed avocado for 1 cup of butter, and 2 tablespoons to 1/4 cup for each egg.
Vegan Chocolate Cake with Avocado
- 1 ripe avocado (blend until smooth)
- 3 cups of almond flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon of sea salt
- 5 tablespoons of cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- ¼ cup of avocado or coconut oil
- 2 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ cup raw cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 ripe avocados (blend until smooth)
- 6 tablespoons of cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, and grease and flour two 9” round cake pans.
- Mix all the dry cake ingredients in a large bowl, but leave the sugar aside.
- Mix all the wet ingredients in another bowl, and add the sugar. Pour this mixture into the dry one, and combine everything well until you get a smooth batter.
- Divide it between the two pans, and bake for half an hour.
- Meanwhile, mix the frosting ingredients in a bowl.
- When baked, leave the cake to cool for about 15 minutes, and frost it.
Try it as soon as possible!
Enjoy your vegan Chocolate Cake with Avocado!