Unlike other vegetable oils, coconut oil contains unsaturated fats that are actually healthy, and help in preventing various heart diseases, and are regulating the cholesterol.
In case of external infections, cuts and burns, add some coconut oil on, and you’ll provide protection from external influences, and fast regeneration of the damaged tissue.
Other health benefits that are result of using of coconut oil are:
- prevention of liver fat deposition
- prevention of diseases of the kidneys and gall bladder, as well as dissolving the stones and “sand” in them
- treatment of pancreatitis, exemption from stress and mental fatigue
- controlling blood sugar
- improve insulin secretion(reduces health risk of diabetes by improving insulin and blood glucose function)
- preventing and treating diabetes
- improving the body’s ability to absorb important minerals, including calcium and magnesium, which are useful in cases of osteoporosis, and helps to maintain the teeth strong and healthy
- increasing the energy and stamina, i.e. affects on improving the performance in athletes.
Massage and Skin Care
-Coconut oil acts as an effective cream for all skin types, including dry and cracked skin. It slows down the appearance of wrinkles and sagging skin, premature aging and helps in treating various skin diseases, including psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema and other skin infections.
Coconut oil is one of the best natural nutrients for hair. It helps to grow healthy, and regenerates the dried and damaged hair, while allowing better protection and giving a special glow. Regular massage of the scalp with coconut oil, helps to relief from dandruff.
Use in food
-Unlike other oils, coconut oil has a high melting point (about 24-25 C degrees), so it’s in solid condition when is at room temperature, and do not need to be kept in the refrigerator. Before using, it is sufficient to put the jar with coconut oil a few minutes in a pan of hot water (or “on” the sun, or on some steam heating), and the solid mixture will start to melt.
This melted oil can be added in some smoothie or milkshake, and in any other food as dressing, but I usually use it in my healthy desserts. mmmmm Tasty !
Remember: Coconut has NO harmful side effect!