They come in different color, size and shape. A seed is the embryo which contains the best nutrients. Seeds contain high concentrations of vitamins and minerals, protein, essential oils and enzymes.
If you search for high quality food, then seeds are what you are looking for. We have listed some of the healthiest seeds and the rules for consumption.
Servings: 1 tablespoon
- 1 tbsp chia seeds contain:
- 2.5 more protein than beans
- 3 times more antioxidants than blueberries
- 3 times more iron than spinach
- 6 times more calcium than milk
- 7 times more vitamin C than oranges
- 8 times more omega-3 fatty acids than salmon
- 10 times more diet fiber than rice
- 15 times more magnesium than broccoli
Chia seed is rich in minerals and vitamins, fiber and it is the richest source of omega-3 fatty acids. Chia seeds can help you relieve joint pain, lose weight, and also protect your organism from diabetes and heart diseases.
According to the benefits chia seeds provide, this seed type is on the list of super-foods.
Serving: 1 tablespoon
Hemp seeds contain:
- The whole group of aminoacids (20), inlcuding 9 essential aminoacids that human body can not produce.
- High per cent of simple proteins which strengthen the immune system and eliminate toxins
- By consuming hemp seed in any form you can strengthen your immune system
- Hemp seeds are the richest source of amino acids in the nature
- Great 3:1 ratio of omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids, ideal for the cardiovascular health and the immune system
- If you are a vegetarian, hemp seeds are an excellent source of proteins