Guacamole originated from Mexico. It is believed that this recipe was first made by the Aztecs. After Spanish arrival this recipe became a favorite in all of Spain. Today Guacamole also can be find in the stores, mostly in frozen form.
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- ½ medium onion diced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3 avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
Time to prepare: 15 min.
Cooking time: 15 min.
- In a large bowl place the peeled avocados and lime juice and use a fork to mash the avocados until almost smooth.
- Then, fold in the onion, tomatoes, cilantro, and garlic.
- Taste and season with salt and black ground pepper.