If possible, always try to prevent these issues and diseases before you suffer from them. Here are some extremely important things in order to prevent gum diseases, and infections in the mouth.
- the most important thing is a regular oral hygiene
- do not brush your teeth aggressively
- do not push the gums while brushing, but go along the gum line
- brush the teeth with gentle strokes, in a circular motion
- buy a toothbrush with soft bristles and a small head
- use dental floss, after each meal during the day
- if you do not have the opportunity to floss or brush the teeth, use a mouthwash after the meal
The regular use of mouthwash will help you prevent germs and bacteria. Wash the mouth twice a day, at the start and at the end of your day. You can prepare your own homemade mouthwash using essential oils.
- mix 1 to 2 drops of essential oil, like clove, tea tree, sage oil, or peppermint oil with tea ¼ to ½ cups of water and use it regularly
- moreover, you can also use a diluted hydrogen peroxide to fight infections
Furthermore, as it is vital for the health of your entire body, water is also essential for your oral health as well. It helps in the case of receding gums, as it will eliminate toxins, germs and bacteria from the mouth. Also, you can use water to clean your teeth after meals, by swishing it around the mouth, and spitting or swallowing it.
A healthy diet
A diet rich in nutrients is essential for your overall health, as it will boost immunity. Yet, junk food will promote the growth of bacteria in the mouth, which may lead to many infections.
You need to reduce carbonated drinks and sugar, as they speed up bacteria development. Moreover, avoid caffeine, processed foods, alcohol, white flour foods, as they have a harmful effect on your oral health.
On the other hand, you should eat vegetables and fruits which are full of vitamin C as it is vital for the gums, may prevent inflammations and will promote gum regeneration. Therefore, eat broccoli, pineapples, asparagus, oranges, strawberries etc.
Always contact your doctor hen you intend to use some supplements.
Unhealthy food leads to unhealthy gums and numerous dental health issues. Therefore, their prevention includes numerous foods rich n vitamins and other nutrients. Moreover, the following supplements will provide amazing benefits n the case of receding gums:
- Vitamin C: strengthens the immune system and has powerful anti-inflammatory properties.
- Ginkgo biloba: enhances the blood circulation, which is essential for healthy gums.
- Calcium: it is crucial for your dental and bone health.
- Zinc: boosts the immune system and fights various kinds of bacteria that lead to oral diseases and infections.
- Coenzyme Q10: helps to grow back receding gums and renews your cells