Would you say ‘no’ to a nice, big, creamy piece of chocolate cake?
It is more like a piece of heaven melting in your mouth, and the sweetness brings joy to the palate. But, if you are following a strict diet regimen, chocolate cake is the last thing you will ever eat.
Of course, this is just a theory, and reality is rather different. Most (chocolate) cake recipes use tons of gluten, dairy and sugar.
If you are looking for a healthy chocolate cake recipe that will match with your healthy quinoa salad, we have got a perfect combination of ingredients for you.
Eating healthy does not mean that you have to give up on your favorite desserts and treats.
You can easily transform your favorite cake recipe into a healthy delicacy by replacing all the processed ingredients and additives with a healthier alternatives. We give you one of the most amazing quilt-free cake recipes.
If gluten is not your best friend, use gluten-free flour. In this way your cake will not lose its distinctive taste. Our recipe does not use dairy, and you are practically safe from sugar crash, cramping and bloating. What more could you ask for?
Have fun preparing our gluten-free chocolate recipe and enjoy our special chocolate frosting!
The ingredients you need will give you about 8 servings.
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 35 minutes:
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 2 cups coconut sugar
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup coconut oil (room temperature)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup organic coffee
- Chocolate frosting
- The first thing you need to do is preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Take two 9-inch cake pans. Butter and flour them well.
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl aside.
- Stir in your coconut milk, oil, eggs and vanilla extract. You should get a homogenous mixture.
- Pour in a cup of coffee, and stir again.
- Distribute the batter in both cake pans. Bake your cakes for 30-35 minutes. That is just enough for the cakes to be completely cooked through.
- Take the pans out of the oven, and let the cakes cool completely.
- Spread the chocolate frosting evenly over one of your cakes, and stack the other. Spread another frosting layer and serve your amazing chocolate cake.
Chocolate frosting recipe
- The ingredients you need will make for 12 servings.
- Total time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup butter, softened (use vegan butter if you prefer)
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. sea salt
Combine the ingredients in a bowl and stir until well combined and perfectly smooth. Use a whisk or hand held power blender.