Ginger is an incredibly versatile and healthy root, that has a unique taste and aroma which can be added to various dishes.
Ginger offers a myriad of health benefits, as follows:
- It improves the function of the liver and prevents fatty liver disease
- Ginger improves kidney health and prevents the formation of kidney stones and renal failure
- Ginger soothes the mind and nervous system and relieves stress
- Ginger has powerful anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that strengthen the immune system and prevent various health issues
- Ginger has strong pain-relieving properties that alleviate aches of all kinds, like muscle and joint pain, headaches, migraines, menstrual cramps, etc
- This potent root helps digestion, and treats issues like heartburn and bloating
- Ginger treats nausea, morning sickness, and calms an upset stomach
- Ginger treats respiratory issues and is highly beneficial in the case of allergies, asthma, mucus buildup, and colds
- This root improves heart health, accelerates blood flow, and prevents strokes
- Numerous studies have found that ginger has potent anti-carcinogenic properties
- Ginger is a powerful natural aphrodisiac that fights fertility issues and boosts sexual performance and stamina
Ginger tea is one of the most delicious and powerful ways to reap these health benefits of ginger.
According to Rachael Link, MS, RD:
“There are few things as comforting, flavorful and delicious as a hot cup of ginger tea. Frequently used as a quick fix for settling the stomach and easing digestive distress, fresh ginger tea benefits extend way beyond its ability to treat nausea. In fact, studies show that ginger can boost fat burning, alleviate inflammation and even control cholesterol and blood sugar.
While you can easily pick up a pack of ginger tea bags from the store, making it at home using fresh ginger is surprisingly simple and lets you customize what ingredients you add to make it all your own.”
So, here is how to make it:
- 1 piece of ginger
- 1-2 slices of lemon
- 2 cups of water
Bring the water to boil, and add the ginger and the lemon slices. Reduce the heat, and leave the tea to simmer for about 10 minutes. Then, strain the tea, and leave it to cool.
Drink up to three cups of ginger tea daily, and you will drastically improve your health!