Back pain is common in people who spend long hours working on their computer or lack physical activity. Lower back pain has become quite common today and the number of people who struggle with it increases every day.
The pain can also appear as a result to an improper posture, certain overload that strains the back, cramps triggered by certain tension and fatigue.
If you really struggle to get through the day and feel any discomfort, do this simple breathing exercise to relax your body and decrease the stress in the lumbar area. It only takes a minute.
- Find the most comfortable position for you to sit. Close your eyes and try to relax.
- Touch the top front teeth with your tongue. You should rest the rip right behind the teeth.
- Slowly inhale through your nose for 4 seconds. Hold your breath and count to seven. Exhale through the mouth while counting to 8. It is okay if you release a loud sound of relief.
- Do the same three times.
Do this 60-second stretching exercise every night before you go to bed if you sit for too long during the day.
- Lie on the stomach and lean on your elbows.
- Lift the upper part of your body. Lift your head and remain in that position for 8 seconds. Return to the original position. Repeat the exercise twice.
- Lie on your back and bend the knees. Keep your arms stretched alongside the body. Lift the pelvis in a straight position. Keep the same position for 8 seconds and return to the original posture.
- Lie on your back and bend your knees. Pull them towards your chest using your arms. Lie in the same position for 8 seconds and return to the original position. Repeat the exercise twice.