Living a stressful and dynamic life can lead to several health issues that should not be ignored.
Aside from exhaustion and anxiety which may easily occur, feet pain is another frequent occurrence that can become a true problem. Just placing your feet on the ground can cause a severe pain and discomfort, and it is usually quite intense. Some people witness to have felt it mostly in the toes as well as in the foot’s arch.
This condition mostly happens when seasonal footwear is switched. Going from boots to sandals can be traumatizing to the feet and result in pain.
In some cases, workout is needed prior to walking and although it does not cure the problem in total, it gives a sense of relief and comfort.
However, there is not a thing that nature does not provide a cure for. Among the helpful substances that can cure this problem are Epsom salt and apple cider vinegar. It costs almost nothing but it brings huge benefits.
The Truth About Epsom Salt and Apple Cider Vinegar Foot Bath
To do this treatment you have to be aware of a couple of things at first:
1) Hot Water
Hot water is a natural pain reducer used in many ancient populations. Other diseases like tuberculosis and arthritis have also been treated by hot water soaking.
Hot water enables the bones and muscles to relax and decreases physical stress significantly. Also, it encourages the blood flow which contributed to better foot movement.
Furthermore, hot water strengthens the joints and soothes them at the same time, giving extra mobility and flexibility while walking.
However, it is good to know that warm water is always a better solution than hot water, in order to avoid skin irritation and damage. To treat your feet, soak them into water under 39 C or 102 D.
Hot water may give you fast heartbeat, so make sure that you set the temperature right.
While soaking, make sure to move your toes as much as possible to enhance agility and movement.
2) Epsom Salts
Epsom salt is extremely beneficial to your general health sine it is packed with magnesium. Epsom salt helps the body relax and loosen up and it is also good for neutralizing the body toxins easily.
Epsom salts are also packed with sulfates, and when the two (magnesium plus sulfates) are combined, you are bound to feel positive effects such as:
- -- Increased blood circulation, improved heart work and balanced heartbeat as well. Plus, they help you regulate your blood pressure levels.
- -- Enhanced body insulin usage and lowered odds for diabetes.
- -- Destruction of chemicals, toxins and alleviating muscle cramps by helping the organism fight off hazardous substances.
- -- Improved nervous system operation and electrolyte performance balance. Also, calcium levels are strongly regulated which makes the electrolytes content in order.
- -- Stress relief and adrenaline decrease, as a result of sufficient magnesium levels inside the body. Magnesium produces solid amounts of serotonin, a chemical that improves the mood. Whenever these levels are satisfied, the brain works better and faster.
- -- Inflammation, cramping and pain/ soreness prevention.
3) Apple Cider Vinegar
This mighty product serves various health purposes and healing your feet is one of the many. It provides strong anti-fungal properties and moisturizes the feet and skin. Moreover, it neutralizes the unpleasant odor from the feet and makes them soft by preventing cracks and skin damage. It is a great way to exfoliate your feet and restore their health.
The Foot Bath Recipe
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- ½ gallon lukewarm water
- ½ cup Epsom salt
In a tub or a large basin, mix all ingredients and soak feet in it. Keep feet inside until water cools off. Repeat treatment once a day, for the next seven days.
Featured image sources: