In the case of high levels of purines, uric acid starts to accumulate in the joints, leading to the formation of uric acid crystals which support the development of a type of arthritis, known as gout.
Gout mostly affects the elderly, and it causes severe pain, as well as other symptoms like swelling, tightness, and redness in the big toes and hands.
Gout can also affect other body parts, including the knees, elbows, shoulders, and ankles. Yet, there are especially effective natural remedies which can help you treat these symptoms and treat gout.
First of all, we should specify the causes of gout, and these are the most common ones:
- Alcohol Consumption
Reduction of uric acid in the joints
Gout is developed when the body is forced to process excessive levels of protein from red meat or similar foods. Normally, most of them are removed from the body via sweat and urine, but others remain and if they are at high levels, they are stored in certain areas.
To prevent the creation of uric acid crystals, it is of high importance to be aware of the fact that gout is mainly a result of improper diet.
Therefore, focus on foods low in purines and high in water, like cucumbers, since 100 gr contain 7 mg of purines. Other foods rich in water include strawberries, zucchini, squash, watermelons, and others.
Moreover, you should increase the intake of water, and keep the body hydrated. This will help you remove the uric acid crystals from the body.
The following natural remedies will be of great help in reducing the uric acid levels in the joints and blood:
- Take a ripe tomato and squeeze the juice. Drink this juice three times daily.
- Boil a pint of water and add half an onion, 50 gr of cabbage, and 3 parsley sprigs. Leave them over the heat for 15 minutes, and then remove them. Strain and leave to cool. Then, add the juice of one lemon, and drink the mixture right before your lunch.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of soybean oil and 3 tablespoons of rosemary oil, and use this combination to massage the affected area.
- Add half an onion to 1 l of water and boil. Leave the mixture for 5 minutes and train it. Add some honey and drink the remedy three times daily.
- Mix one mango, 4 carrots, 30 gr of strawberries, and a slice of pineapple in a juicer. Consume this mixture in the morning, on an empty stomach, and in the evening, in case the symptoms worsen.
- Add an ear of corn cob to some water and boil for 10 minutes. Then, strain and drink the mixture 3 times daily.
- Add 2 tablespoons of elderflowers in ½ a liter of boiled water and cover. Strain the liquid after 10 minutes and leave it to cool. Add honey to taste and consume the remedy on a daily basis.
- Add 30gr of cranberries to 1 l of water and boil for 5 minutes. Strain and drink 3 times daily.
Moreover, the following natural recipe will be extremely helpful in the treatment of gout:
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 slice of lemon
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger root
- 2 stalks of celery
Slice the cucumber and the celery, and mix them in a blender with the other ingredients. Mix until you get a juice with a smooth consistency.
Drink this natural remedy 1 to 3 times a day, and for best effects, make sure you consume it on an empty stomach in the morning.
Furthermore, follow a healthy diet and exercise regularly to treat the symptoms of gout.
Sources and References: