Water by itself is amazingly good for you. It keeps you hydrated, it flushes out toxins and it keeps your skin looking great; however, if you want to add a little zip to your water, squeeze in some lemon juice. Not only will you add more flavor to your water with lemon juice, but you’ll reap a ton of benefits.
How can lemon water improve your health? Here are 20 different ways:
- It reduces inflammation. Lemon water, if consumed on a regular basis, will decrease the acidity in your body. It will also remove the uric acid in your joints, which is the leading cause of painful inflammation.
- It helps with digestion. Lemons are an excellent way to encourage healthy digestion because they have the ability to loosen toxins that lie in the digestive tract. As such, it helps to relieve the side effects of indigestion, including bloating, burping and heartburn.
- Aids in weight loss. Lemon has pectin fiber in it, which helps to curb those hunger cravings that can lead you to impulse eat and put on weight.
- It detoxifies you. Lemons flush toxins out of your system, helping to boost the enzyme function and stimulating the liver.
- Makes your skin look good. The antioxidants in lemons aren’t only good for your insides; they’re good for your outsides, too.
- Keeps the immune system in check. Lemons are high in vitamin C, which keeps the immune system in tip-top shape.
- Lots of potassium. Lemons are loaded with this stuff that is good for the health of your brain, your heart and your nerves.
- Keeps your breath fresh. Need to freshen your breath? Just sip on some lemon water and it will do the trick.
- Boosts your energy. Lemon juice has the ability to provide the body with energy, which helps to reduce anxiety and depression.
- Reduces the use of caffeine. Swap your morning java for a cup of warm lemon water and you’ll feel refreshed and energized and you won’t have to worry about that crash.
- It balances your pH levels, which helps to make you feel good and look good.
- It’s great for the growth and multiplication of pathogenic bacteria, which cause infections and diseases.
- It helps to encourage the production of bile.
- Lemon water prevents the growth of bacteria in your system.
- It replenishes brain and nerve cells.
- It balances the calcium and oxygen levels n the liver.
- It helps replenish salt in the body, especially at the completion of a heavy workout.
- It neutralizes the body.
- It’s very hydrating.
- Lemon water is good for reducing wrinkles. Just apply water that has been infused with lemons to the skin and you’ll see less wrinkles in no time.