Do it yourself -- stuff are great because you always know how something is done and what is in it. For example there are soaps in which there are many chemicals harmful for out health. Simple Green’s liquid for washing dishes contains cocamide dea. This is a hormone disruptor, but enough about their products, let us make our own!
- 1 3/4 of a cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of grated bar soap (any choice)
- 1 tablespoon of borax
- 15 to 20 drops of essential oils (any choice)
Even though some people think that borax may be toxic and carcinogenic to humans, they are false. Researches have proved the opposite, so, feel free to use it but keep it out of reach of children and pets just in case they swallow some.
Method of preparation:
- Boil the water and add the grated bar soap and the borax in it. Mix until the soap is melted.
- Add the essential oils
- Allow this mixture to cool down for 6 to 8 hours. Stir it occasionally.
- Once the mixture is cooled store it in a bottle.
- You are now done making the dish soap, feel free to use it.