We are constantly exposed to numerous heavy metals, such as aluminum, mercury, and cadmium, which can embed themselves into our central nervous systems and bones, start bio-accumulating for years, and lead to acute health problems from heavy metal poisoning.
Margaret E. Sears explains that cadmium, lead, and mercury have no essential biochemical roles, but exert severe toxicities in multiple organ systems since they bind in tissues, lead to oxidative stress, affect endocrine function, inhibit aquaporins, and interfere with functions of essential cations like magnesium and zinc.
Toxic metals are especially dangerous to the very young, as exposures early in life compromise development, with lifelong physical, intellectual, and behavioral impairments. In adults, they cause major chronic diseases, like heart and renal disease, and neurological decline.
The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) classifies inorganic lead as a probable carcinogen, admium as a known carcinogen, and methylmercury as a possible carcinogen.
Pharmaceuticals like 2,3- Dimercaprol have been commonly used for arsenic and lead poisoning, but they case numerous side-effects. Yet, there are natural chelating agents that can help us prevent such issues, and the combination of cilantro and chlorella is one of the most powerful ones.
Numerous health practitioners use synthetic chelating agents like DMPS, DMSA, EDTA, and others to get rid of the heavy metals from the body, and there are advantages and disadvantages to their use.
One advantage is that they are able to mobilize fast and eliminate certain metals in the body, but on the other hand, this can place a huge burden on the detoxification systems of the body.
Cilantro is the most potent when combined with chlorella as it mobilizes more toxins then it can carry out of the body, and this can eventually flood the connective tissue with metals, that were stored in safer hiding places before.
This can actually lead to retoxification in case another binding agent isn’t used to remove the heavy metals that are ‘found’ in their hiding places throughout the body.
Dietrich Klinghardt M.D., Ph.D. claims that cilantro is able to mobilize mercury, cadmium, lead, and aluminum in both, bones and the central nervous system. It is perhaps the only effective agent in mobilizing mercury stored in the intracellular space and in the nucleus of the cell.
The addition of chlorella, which is an intestinal absorbing agent, prevents the retoxification of the system. Studies have shown that the combination of these two ingredients can naturally eliminate an average of 87% of lead, 91% of mercury, and 74% of aluminum from the body within 42 days.
Namely, chlorella has the following properties:
- Chlorella is rich in amino acids
- Chlorella opens cell walls, which is necessary for detox processes
- Chlorella restores healthy gut flora
- It binds to dioxins and other environmental toxins
- It repairs the detoxification functions of the body
- It is a potent antiviral
- Methyl-coblolamine repairs the nervous system and neurons that have suffered damage due to heavy metal poisoning
- Chlorella contains the most easily absorbed form of B12 and B6
- It contains alpha and gamma lineolic acids which increase the intake of fish oil and other important fatty acids
- Improves glutathione, which is the ‘master’ antioxidant in the body
- Binds to heavy metals incredibly well
On the other hand, cilantro has its own beneficial properties:
- It is a potent antibacterial, expectorant, and anti-inflammatory
- It is a powerful metal toxin binding agent and mobilizer
- It raises HDL cholesterol and lowers LDL
- Prevents gas and bloating and reduces minor swelling
- It is rich in magnesium and iron and fights anemia
- Improves liver health
- Prevents urinary tract infections
- Eases hormonal swings during menopause and menstruation
- Relives nausea
- Adds fiber to the digestive tract, so it acts as an effective bulking agent
Remember to optimize your magnesium levels before you start a chelation program, as it relaxes the arteries and helps the toxin removal.