Eating apples can reduce the risk of asthma and lung cancer. Studies have shown that children whose mothers ate apples regularly during pregnancy have significantly reduced risk of asthma.
- Apples protect against various types of cancer
Studies have shown that apples largely reduce the risk of lung cancer, but there is evidence that this fruit also reduces the risk of colon cancer, pancreatic cancer and breast cancer. Medicine still doesn’t know why apples prevent people having cancer, but experts believe that antioxidants are the biggest “culprit” for this beneficial effect.
- Apples help regulating blood sugar
- Studies have shown that risk of getting diabetes type 2 in women who eat at least one apple a day is 28% lower. But fiber in apples also keep blood sugar stable by eliminating significant fluctuations.
- Apple cider vinegar helps against dandruff
- It is believed that apple cider vinegar destroys bacteria causing dandruff. Massage your scalp with a few tablespoons of apple cider vinegar for about a minute and then wash the hair, in order to get rid of the unpleasant “flakes” in your hair.-- Advice:
Buy apples from a reliable source and do not peel them. By peeling apples you lose large amount of nutrients. Wash the apples and enjoy in their taste.However, if you do not have any information of how, when and what kind of pesticides were used, then you better peel them.