The coconut and sweet potato muffins we suggest you to make today are incredibly delicious and full of healthy ingredients.
Namely, they combine the medicinal properties of sweet potatoes, coconut milk cinnamon, turmeric, and ginger, and represent a powerful anti-inflammatory recipe that will improve overall health in various ways!
Moreover, the numerous spices enrich the flavor of the muffins, and the pleasant smell coming from the kitchen will charm the entire family!
Here is how to make them:
- 1 small organic sweet potato, roasted
- ¾ cup of organic coconut milk
- ¼ cup organic coconut flour
- ½ cup pure maple syrup or unpasteurized honey
- 2 tbsp. organic olive oil
- 3 tbsp. ground flaxseed in ½ cup of water
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- 1 tbsp. Ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp. aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 cup organic brown rice flour
- ½ tsp. Himalayan salt
Preheat the oven to 400F.
Use a skewer to make holes in the skin of the sweet potato, and place it on a baking tray. Cook it for an hour, and then leave it to cool.
Cut it in half, scoop out the insides, and place them in a large bowl. Next, add olive oil, coconut milk, flaxseed, and maple syrup.
In another bowl, mix all the dry ingredients, and then add them to the first bowl.
Grease a muffin tray with coconut oil, and then pour the batter evenly.
Cook the muffins for 30 minutes.