Dr. Henry Bieler is an American visionary, physician, and author of the book “Food Is Your Best Medicine” in which he argues over treating diseases through the diet. He believes that the body has a natural ability to heal itself .
His famous broth is rich in potassium and sodium, and it alkalizes the body, and stimulates both the liver and adrenal glands. It also helps the pancreas to control blood sugar.
By adding ghee to the broth you also enjoy a great number of additional health benefits. It reduces inflammation, lubricates connective tissues, strengthens the immune system, and is believed to enhance memory and help develop intelligence.
This soup is the best way to detox your body. Bieler’s broth is a good way to start your day or you can just add it to your lunch.
- 4 medium sized zucchini, chopped
- 3 cups string beans(chop off the ends)
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 bunches of parsley(remove the stems)
- 8.5 oz /250 ml filtered water
- sea salt to taste
- ghee (optional)
- Put water, zucchini, string beans and celery in a pot.
- Let the water boil, turn the heat on low and simmer for about 30 minutes until the vegetables are soft and tender, but be careful, you do not want to cook them much after that.
- Put the mixture in a blender, and add a handful of parsley and water.
- Mash the vegetables and blend well.
- To prepare the amount you want, you may need to do several rounds of blending.
- Add some ghee in each batch to thicken the texture and increase the health benefits.
Always use organic vegetables, if possible.You can add more zucchini chunks instead of string beans or vice versa. Also, according to your taste, you can thicken the soup or make it more liquid. It is important to remove the ends of the string beans, as your blender cannot process these easily.