Millions of people are exposed to mold daily, without being aware of it. Mold is a silent killer, that endangers our health while growing below floors, behind walls, and almost everywhere in the home.
Mold can have crippling effects on our body that we should never ignore. If you do not solve this problem on time, mold can weaken your immune system, and lead to numerous health issues.
Mold can be of various kinds, and certain molds can release poisonous, invisible chemicals called mycotoxins which are almost impossible to destroy. They can contaminate everything in the home, and travel through the body distressing the immune system, joints, the nervous system, and more. Mycotoxins can affect the way we feel, think, and even the length of our life.
The mycotoxin expert Dr. Harriet Ammann claims that indoor molds can damage the body systems in various ways, as follows:
“Vascular: blood vessel fragility, hemorrhage from tissues or lungs
Digestive: diarrhea, vomiting, hemorrhage, liver damage, fibrosis, and necrosis
Respiratory: trouble breathing, bleeding from the lungs, and sinus infections
Neurological: tremors, loss of coordination, headaches, depression, and anxiety, and multiple sclerosis
Skin: rashes, burning, sloughing, and photosensitivity
Urinary: kidney toxicity
Reproductive: infertility, changes in reproductive cycles”
Molds also generate irritants and allergens that cause reactions often linked to a person’s sensitivities. The symptoms caused by chronic mold toxicity are similar to the ones of other syndromes and diseases, so this issue is often misdiagnosed, and mistaken for fibromyalgia, Lyme disease, celiac disease, and chronic fatigue.
“Mold illness may be the most prominent health problem physicians are missing today — a “hidden” pandemic that’s sweeping the nation.
Millions are suffering from mysterious illnesses for which they’ve received essentially no help from physicians. Some are referred to psychologists after being told their illness is “imagined,” while others are accused of fabrication.
Because mold toxins are so unique and their effects are so broad, symptoms of mold toxicity are complex and varied, making it difficult for physicians to arrive at the correct diagnosis.
Unable to identify the cause of their illness, sick people become much sicker over time. “
The chronic exposure to mold causes:
1. Numbness and tingling
2. Pain in the body headaches, joint pain, inflammatory issues
3. Neurocognitive problems like memory loss, brain fog, mood issues, confusion
4. Sleep issues and fatigue
5. Blurred vision and sensitivity to light
6. Auto-immune issues
7. GI problems, food sensitivities, and weight fluctuation
Mold can also affect the skin, eyes, and lungs, in case you have a compromised immune system.
Mold flourishes in damp, poorly ventilated areas, so if you have a leakage due to a plumbing problem, you are probably already exposed to mold. Dust and moisture also accumulate in dirty HVAC.
Moreover, foods also can contain mold, and the ones that are higher in mycotoxins are grains, nuts, coffee, chocolate, and wine. Most people are not completely aware of the effects and symptoms of mold, so you need to get informed in order to be able to fight mold.
You should initially take samples and test your home for mold exposure, and the most widely used test is the ERMI (Environmental Relative Moldiness Index), developed by the EPA.
If the test indicates the presence of mold, you should find a mold remediation professional that will identify all mold sources and find where the humidity is trapped.
You might need to check for mold spores after you have repaired the leaks, cleared the air exchanges and eliminated mold. If you have developed mold illness, you will need to find a doctor trained in the Shoemaker Protocol.
Additionally, avoid foods that feed or contain mold, fungus, or yeast, such as refined or added sugars. To detoxify the body, take Glutathione supplements, activated charcoal, and products that rebuild and restore mitochondria.