“Although fluoride may cause neurotoxicity in animal models, and acute fluoride poisoning causes neurotoxicity in adults, very little is known of its effects on children’s neurodevelopment.
We performed a systematic review and meta-analysis of published studies to investigate the effects of increased fluoride exposure and delayed neurobehavioral development…children in high-fluoride areas had significantly lower IQ scores than those who lived in low-fluoride areas…The results support the possibility of an adverse effect of high fluoride exposure on children’s neurodevelopment.”
The Indian Journal of Pediatrics published research which found thousands of cases of severe skeletal fluorosis in children, believed to be caused by cumulative effects of fluoridated water. The report by Scientific American “concluded that fluoride can subtly alter endocrine function, especially in the thyroid—the gland that produces hormones regulating growth and metabolism.”
Following are some ways that fluoride can be removed from the body naturally:
1. Iodine contributes to the normal metabolism of cells, and it is especially necessary for thyroid hormones. This element will push fluoride out of the body through the urine. Cranberries, organic yoghurt, potatoes, organic strawberries, and organic beans are some of the richest sources of iodine.
2. Boron is a natural element known for its ability to flush fluoride out of the body. Eat more nuts, dates, prunes, honey, broccoli, bananas, and avocado. Add 1/32 of a teaspoon to a quart of distilled water and drink it in small sips throughout the day.
3. Selenium is the most common nutrient recommended for those who wish to remove sodium fluoride from their body. Selenium can actually block the effect of fluoride and stimulate its elimination.
Brazil nuts are an excellent source of selenium, but remember to balance your intake. Consuming a large amount of Brazil nuts is not necessarily the best way to begin consuming selenium.
Health experts recommend a dose of 100 to 200 micrograms, even though that is below the upper limits of the National Institute of Health’s recommendation, which is 400 micrograms.
4. Tamarind is a staple in ancient Ayurvedic medicine, which is believed to be the ‘mother’ of natural medicine. It will not only improve the taste of your favorite tea, but will also help you eliminate fluoride through the urine.
5. Dry sauna provides intense but safe sweating from heat, the same as exercise, and it eliminates the sodium fluoride from the fatty tissues. Make sure you drink enough fluids to keep your body hydrated, and distilled water is probably the best choice. Drink chickweed tea to protect your kidneys.
As with any other detox, carefully adjust the pace that works best for you. In addition to this kind of detoxification, you can limit the amount of fluoride you consume if you invest in a water purification system that filters fluoride out. A reverse osmosis water system is one of the best choices for this. Eliminating fluoride from your body will help you feel a significant improvement in your health.