The amazing acting skills of Keanu Reeves have entertained generations for years, from his role as Ted in “Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure” to Neo in “The Matrix“.
His talent has ensured him a lengthy, fruitful career, playing some of the most iconic characters in film. Yet, what makes his fans crazy in love with him is something else- his huge heart.
This genuine man hasn’t had an easy life. His father was a largely neglectful drug addict that left the family when Keanu was very small. His mother remarried several times afterward, and they moved a lot. As a child, he struggled with dyslexia.
His close friend, River Phoenix, died a very public death outside Johnny Depp’s Hollywood Club, the Viper Room.
Later in life, he had a stillborn baby with his long-term girlfriend, Jennifer Syme. The traumatizing loss put a strain on their relationship until her tragic death from a car accident at age 29.
Additionally, he was devastated when his sister, Kim Reeves, was diagnosed with leukemia, and he became her primary caretaker for the duration of her decade-long battle with the illness.
He then set up a charity in her honor, that looks to help positive endeavors like cancer research and children hospital wards. He also donates to numerous other charities and goes to great efforts to keep his good deeds a secret.
His kindness he shows to others has made the acting legend an Internet darling, and no matter how much he tries to hide his good deeds, word spreads thanks to those on Reddit and Twitter who have been experienced his infectious energy.
The image that emerges from the multiple anecdotes shared is of a considerate man who is aware of his status as a celebrity but doesn’t take advantage of it, a generous man, but careful with his presence.
Now, here are some of his most popular quotes:
1. Every struggle in your life has shaped you into the person you are today. Be thankful for the hard times, they can only make you stronger.
2. Sometimes we get so caught up in our daily lives that we forget to take the time out to enjoy the beauty in life. It’s like we’re zombies. Look up and take your headphones out. Say “Hi” to someone you see and maybe give a hug to someone who looks like they’re hurting.
3. The simple act of paying attention can take you a long way.
4. I believe in love at first sight. You want that connection, and then you want some problems.
5. If you can make a woman laugh, you’re seeing the most beautiful thing on God’s Earth.
6. It’s fun to be hopelessly in love. It’s dangerous, but it’s fun.
7. I thank the earth and the sky every day for the opportunities I’ve had.
8. Sometimes enemies are our best teachers, people can learn from their mistakes, destruction sometimes means rebirth.
9. Grief changes shape but it never ends.
10. Kissing someone is pretty intimate, actually very intimate, and your heart always kind of skips a beat before you do that.
11. I was also raised to treat people exactly how I would like to be treated by others. It’s called respect.
12. When I don’t feel free and can’t do what I want, I just react. I go against it.
13. I will always be in love with love.
14. It is incredibly empowering to know that your future is in your hands.
15. Tomorrow isn’t guaranteed, so live today!
16. Art is about trying to find the good in people and making the world a more compassionate place.
17. You have to change your life if you’re not happy, and wake up if things aren’t going the way you want.
18. Sometimes simple things are the most difficult things to achieve.
19. Try to be wrong once in a while, it’ll do your ego good.
20. If you have been brutally broken, but still have the courage to be gentle to other living beings, then you’re a badass with the heart of an angel.
21. Our dreams can teach us, instruct us, confuse us, sometimes I think they look to be considered. They are an opportunity and I think they most certainly could be utilized to focus, to try and achieve — whether it’s looking for someone, or influencing us, or inspiring us.
22. Our saving grace! Um, as a species [humans] we can be pretty warm and fuzzy. But maybe for this, it’s adaptability, or the heart and soul. We’re not all that bad. I don’t really know!
23. Multi-culture is the real culture of the world — a pure race doesn’t exist.
24. The person who was holding me back from my happiness was me.
25. None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an afterthought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean.
26. A good date is when you are intoxicated with each other’s company and everything becomes good in the world.
27. Energy can’t be created or destroyed, and energy flows. It must be in a direction, with some kind of internal, emotive, spiritual direction. It must have some effect somewhere.
28. What sort of girls do I like? — They are all angels.
29. So in the end, I think we can all pretty well agree that even in the face of tragedy, a stellar person can thrive. No matter what’s going on in your life, you can overcome it! Life is worth living.