Some of you may be acquainted with the information that in order to avoid clogging of our arteries, we should avoid saturated fats. However, recent studies actually prove the opposite: in fact, coconut is beneficial to our health. And this was often indicated by common sense, since we all know that those societies that eat a lot of coconut are actually the healthiest on Earth.
So, since we are convinced that coconut oil is actually far from harmful for our health and body, we can add the meat in our diet, turn it into milk, drink the water, and squeeze out the oil.
Now that we are no longer afraid to include coconut in our diet, we have found we can eat the meat, drink the water, turn it into milk, and squeeze out the oil. Amazingly, every part is a rich nutritive source.
Nevertheless, coconut benefits do not stop here, it has a world of uses, from body care to health to household. Namely, it is also antifungal, antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-inflammatory, and consequently, it founds its role in the process of improvement of our health, in body care and in our household.
Coconut Oil Uses in Health Care
Coconut oil possesses numerous beneficial properties for our health, such as:
1. It soothes eczema and psoriasis.
2. Helps to heal acne.
3. Prevents and may help reverse Alzheimer’s.
4. Kills topical yeast infections.
5. It can be used as a personal lubricant, since it does not disrupt natural vaginal balance.
6. Solves the condition of cracked heels.
7. Get rid of nail fungus by adding 5 drops of tea tree oil to 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and rub into nails.
8. As a sunburn, and is applied after the burn cools off.
9. Use on abrasions, since it helps the skin faster healing. (Also for perineum post birth).
10. It is used in cases of hemorrhoids, and it stops the burning and itching.
11. Coconut oil kills lice.
12. Promotes healing and stops the itching in case of bug bites.
13. Provides instant moisture for chapped lips.
The consumption of coconut oil has a wide range of benefits, but remember to always choose organic, virgin coconut oil.
What is even better is that it can be used in numerous ways, since it’s great for cooking you can include it in all kinds of meals and dishes, in smoothies, in a stir-fry, in deserts, in different recipes instead of other oils, you can used it instead of butter or margarine, or can simply eat a spoonful.
Body Care and Coconut Oil
1. Moisturizer. Plain coconut oil provides amazing effects for the skin, since it lightens dark spots and helps in the prevention of stretch marks.
2. Oil Pulling. Use coconut oil for this purpose by swishing a tablespoon or so of coconut oil through your mouth for 15-20 minutes the first thing in the morning. This practice will be excellent for your oral health and many claim other health benefits as well.
3. Carrier oil. Carrier oils are used together with essential oils, since they are too strong to use full strength, so they need to be diluted. Coconut oil works very well for this purpose. Just add a few drops of the essential oil of your choice to a tablespoon of coconut oil and rub it on your skin.
4. Make-up remover. Coconut oil removes all make-up.
5. Diaper cream. Coconut oil can be used as a diaper cream, so simply apply it on baby’s butt and its results will start.
6. Shaving Cream: Coconut oil can be a perfect shave cream.
7. Deodorant: Another use of this miraculous oil is as a deodorant.
8. Tooth Brushing: You can even make your own homemade coconut oil toothpaste or you can brush your teeth with it. Use it plain, or you can add a few drops of essential oil (oregano, cinnamon, peppermint, tea tree).
9. Hair conditioner. Feel the beneficial effect of coconut oil on your hair! Simply rub it into dry hair and leave it in for a few hours.
Household Uses of Coconut Oil
Coconut is also recommended to be at hand in every household, for it can be of great help in various situations:
- You can use it to polish your furniture.
- Coconut oil can also be of use in scuffed leather.
- Polish metals at home using coconut oil.
- Season cast iron pans and pots.
Other included sources linked in Natural News’s article:
About the author:
Kali Sinclair is a copywriter for Green Lifestyle Market, and a lead editor for Organic Lifestyle Magazine. Kali was very sick with autoimmune disease and realized that conventional medicine was not working for her. She has been restoring her health by natural means and is interested in topics including natural health, environmental issues, and human rights.