We all come to a point in our lives where we feel emotionally drained, we lack self-esteem, forget who we actually are and what we dream about, where are we heading, and why we are struggling to succeed.
Yet, even on an ordinary day, we all need a little push to stimulate us and give us the strength and energy we need to continue and reach our goal. In such cases, the words of some wise, famous people that have marked the human history, can change our perspective in life, and make us feel much better about ourselves.
In the end, we are all normal human beings, and we can all be trapped in the same situation at times. Therefore, other people’s experience and advice can be of great help.
Here are 20 amazing quotes from famous people that will literally change your life:
1. “There is no easy walk to freedom anywhere, and many of us will have to pass through the valley of the shadow of death again and again before we reach the mountaintop of our desires.” – Nelson Mandela
2. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas A. Edison
3. “All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make, the better.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
4. “Stop letting people who do so little for you control so much of your mind, feelings, and emotions.” – Will Smith
5. “The secret of change is to focus all of your energy not on fighting the old, but on building the new.” – Socrates
6. “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” – Rumi
7. “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t–you’re right.” – Henry Ford
8. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.” – Steve Jobs
9. “Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
10. “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.” – Harriet Tubman
11. “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
12. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
13. “Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.” – Albert Einstein
14. “Here’s to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes … the ones who see things differently — they’re not fond of rules … You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can’t do is ignore them because they change things … They push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius …” – Steve Jobs
15. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
16. “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” – T. S. Eliot
17. “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
18. “It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things.” – Leonardo Da Vinci
19. “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” – Dr. Seuss
20. “In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” – Abraham Lincoln
These wise quotes will help you understand yourself and the others around you better, but also to live better. In order to improve your life, you need to change the things in your life that you do not like, and take charge of your own destiny.
First of all, you need to know the person you really are, the one that lives in you, and start living your everyday life with an optimistic attitude. You need to accept yourself as you are, but work to become better every single day, and you will thus grow happier and be much more successful in any field.