Robin Williams is no longer with us, but his great wisdom will never leave this world. It’s his biggest legacy, along with his incredible acting skills. Williams died at 63, and had 100 magnificent roles in his professional career. He made us laugh and think. The icon made us sink deeper in our thoughts.
The funny yet complicated man made our lives better. We loved his comedies and his sense of humor. Williams will always live through his sharp thoughts and wise words. This brilliant man spoke the language of wisdom, and his words were golden.
We give you 19 of his greatest quotes:
1. You’re only given a little spark of madness. You mustn’t lose it.
2. The essential truth is that sometimes you’re worried that they’ll find out it’s a fluke, that you don’t really have it. You’ve lost the muse or – the worst dread – you never had it at all. I went through all that madness early on.
3. No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world.
4. Winning an Oscar is an honor, but, between you and me, it does not makes things easier.
5. I used to think that the worst thing in life was to end up alone. It’s not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel alone.
6. Please, don’t worry so much. Because in the end, none of us have very long on this Earth. Life is fleeting.
7. Tweets? That stuff kills conversation. And people taking pictures with their phone or recording you, sometimes surreptitiously, is creepy. They come up and just start talking to you, and you can see the red light on their phone.
8. I do believe in love; it’s wonderful – especially love (the) third time around, it’s even more precious; it’s kind of amazing.
9. Reality: What a concept!
10. Politics is so personal, vicious and immediate, how are you going to get anything done? Even the local politics where I live have gotten so ugly.
11. I’m sorry, if you were right, I’d agree with you.
12. Sometimes over things that I did, movies that didn’t turn out very well – you go, ‘Why did you do that?’ But in the end, I can’t regret them because I met amazing people. There was always something that was worth it.
13. Comedy is acting out optimism.
14. Spring is nature’s way of saying, Let’s party!
15. Cocaine is God’s way of telling you you are making too much money.
16. Never pick a fight with an ugly person, they’ve got nothing to lose.
17. Medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love: these are what we stay alive for.
18. You will have bad times, but they will always wake you up to the stuff you weren’t paying attention to.
19. Good people end up in Hell because they can’t forgive themselves.
Williams was never afraid to talk about life, love, politics, religion, human rights and everything that makes us a living human being. His words were kind and his wisdom was pure. The actor was always honest, and he wasn’t ashamed of his points of view. He even tried to help people think more.
Life is too short for us to waste it. If you ask Williams, he will say that you have to grab the moment and enjoy every minute. Will you do this? It’s time to bring new changes in your life!