Guavas are tropical fruits that offer an abundance of health benefits. They are high in vitamins A and C, potassium, healthy fiber and lycopene.
What most people do not know is that the fruit is not the only part of the plant that is good for you. Guava leaves are amazing for your skin, hair and health in general. In this article we give you 17 amazing health benefits provided by guava leaves.
- Guava leaf tea stops carbohydrates from turning into sugar and thus suppresses appetite. This will also help you keep fit.
- Diabetics should drink guava leaf tea regularly as it reduces blood sugar level and does not stimulate insulin secretion.
- Guava leaf tea also decreases bad LDL cholesterol without affecting good HDL cholesterol levels.
- This tea provides strong antimicrobial properties which makes it effective in the treatment of diarrhea and dysentery.
- Guava leaf tea is also great for upset stomach and provides a great help in cases of food poisoning.
- Treat bronchitis and coughs with guava leaf tea.
- Chew guava leaves to relieve toothache, inflamed gums and sores in the oral cavity.
- Boil 9 guava leaves in 5 cups of water until the amount you have in your pot reduces by half. This is great in the treatment of dengue.
- Guava leaf tea has shown to be effective in treating enlarged prostate and cancer.
- It is especially recommended for men who deal with fertility problems.
- Apply crushed guava leaves onto minor cuts like abrasion or scrapes to prevent infections. Prepare guava leaf tea to relieve an outer ear infection. Drop some guava tea cooled at room temperature onto the affected area.
- Apply crushed guava leaves onto affected areas to relieve itching caused by allergies.
- The same applies to insect bites.
- Guava leaves are high in vitamin C, which makes them your best ally in the fight against acne and pimples.
- Crush a few guava leaves and stir in a tiny amount of water. Use this instead of your regular face scrub to remove blackheads naturally.
- The same combination does miracles when it comes to preventing premature skin aging.
- Guava leaves offer an amazing aid against hair loss. Boil some guava leaves and let the cool at room temperature. Gently massage your scalp to stop any further hair loss.
Source/ Reference: www.justnaturallife.com
Other included sources linked in Just Natural Life’s article: www.healthdigezt.com -- Original Article Source