There is almost no household that doesn’t have kitchen foil at its disposal. It is one of the most practical things that humankind has ever invented.
It is vital to every kitchen because it can be used in so many ways. Here are 13 ways of using it you might not have ever imagined.
1. Stop the edges of a cake from burning by covering them with aluminum foil. The foil will prevent the outer edges from burning and the rest of the cake will bake perfectly fine.
2. Create special-shaped cake pans. Form a double layer of heavy-duty aluminum and make the shape you wish in a cake pan.
3. Soften up hardened brown sugar and restore it to its original state so that you chop off a piece. Roll it in kitchen foil and bake it in the oven for 5 minutes at 150 ° C. The sugar will come back to its original state and you can use it for espresso or your favorite cake.
4. Decorate your cake using foil instead of a pastry bag. Make a one-use pastry bag by forming a tube out of the foil. The good thing is that you will only use it once, so you don’t have to wash it.
5. Keep bread and pastries warm. Roll up your freshly baked bread or pie in foil. The foil will keep in the freshness and warmth for quite some time.
6. Catch ice-cream cone drips. Wrap the bottom of an ice-cream cone with a piece of aluminum foil and prevent your kids from making a mess.
7. Make your favorite silverware sparkle. Cover the base of a dish with aluminum foil, pour in some water and two tablespoons of salt. Put the silverware into this mixture and wait for three minutes. Allow it to dry and then make it really shine by wiping it with a piece of cotton fabric.
8. Improve radiator efficiency. If you want to make the most of your old radiators, tape heavy-aluminum foil to a piece of cardboard, so that the shiny side is facing outwards, then put the cardboard between the wall and the radiator. The foil side should be turned towards the radiator. In this way the foil reflects the heat instead of being soaked up by the walls.
9. Sharpen your scissors. If you have dull scissors and a piece of foil, consider your problem solved! Fold a strip of foil several times and then simply cut it with the scissors at least three or four times. It’s as easy as that.
10. Move furniture with ease and without damaging the floor by simply putting pieces of foil under the legs. Put the dull side of the foil down since it’s more slippery than the shiny side.
11. Make a ball of aluminum foil and use it to clean pots, dishes, and the barbecue. Clean your jewelry by covering the base of a pot with aluminum foil and then adding some laundry detergent. After that, simply wash it and let it dry. Your jewelry will look like new.
12. Clean your iron by going over it a couple times with a piece of aluminum foil.
13. To protect plants from insects, put pieces of aluminum foil among them.
(Obtained permission from the content owner)