Lemon belongs to the group of citrus fruit, which includes orange, tangerine, grapefruit and many others fruit kinds. You can buy lemon in every market, it is cheap and multipurpose. Lemons are especially useful for our health. This yellow fruit contains a lot of high quality vitamin C and other vitamins (vitamin B, riboflavin) and minerals, including potassium, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium. Lemon also contains proteins and carbohydrates.
Lemon peel is very helpful, because it is rich in vitamin P, and substances capable of destroying microbes. Lemon peel contains essential oils beneficial for normal blood pressure, reduces cholesterol, prevents atherosclerosis, strengthtens the immune system, cures headaches, nausea, fatigue, improves memory and concentration.
Lemon And Its Health Benefits
Lemon is used since ancient times because of its healing power. Experts recommend its use, because lemon can help lowering blood pressure, disposal of toxins from liver, reduces pain in arthritis, fights infections, prevents flu, fights against diseases of oral cavity and tongue, etc.
Lemon is also cure for stomach ache, because of its laxative effect. It also strengthens the immune system. If you have a flu or you’re cold, you must drink lemon juice. It will help you in the fight against cold and will also stop infections development. This happens because of its antibacterial and antiviral properties.
The Power of Lemon Water
It is very simple to prepare lemon water. All you need to do is mix lemon pulp and juice of half a lemon in warm water and then drink it. Lemon water is be very helpful for your body, i.e. it can detoxify your body.
Lemon water improves the ability of cleaning toxins out of your body
- Acts as blood “cleaner” and improves the ability of cleaning toxins out of our body. Your skin can not look healthy if your body is full of toxins. When your body gets rid of toxins, it will first reflect on your skin. Your skin will look clean without any visible acne.
- Helps with digestive problems – nausea, stomach acid, constipation and parasites and also in digestion.
- Due to the large amount of vitamin C, lemon water is used in treatment of infections, wounds, allergies and sore throat.
- Lemon water is a diuretic agent. This means it is very useful for people having urinary tract infections. Lemon water helps people with arthritis or rheumatism, because it is cleaning out toxins and bacteria.
- Lemon juice and water mix can be very beneficial for pregnant women, because it helps the development of baby’s bones. Calcium contained in lemon is great for bones and teeth. Lemon contains potassium, which is beneficial for the brain and nerve cells.
Lemon And Your Body
Weight is basic problem for most women. But if you have few pounds more, there is no need to buy some weight loss pills. Choose some healthier way and use lemon’s power.
Studies show that people who consume lots of lemons, suffer less from overweight. That’s because lemon contains antioxidants, which regulate blood sugar levels and reduce hunger.
Also, people who consume large amounts of lemon juice can easily lose weight, because of the vitamin C which speeds up metabolism.
You can use lemon for your hair. If you are blond, you can use lemon juice to highlight your hair. To do this, squeeze half a lemon on your hair and let sun do its job for an hour. After you wash the lemon juice, your hair will look cleaner, fresher and brighter.
Sweating in summer is a normal process. But if you want to reduce frequent sweating in order to feel more comfortable, prepare yourself a chamomile tea and add juice of half a lemon and a teaspoon of honey. Drink a cup of tea every night before bedtime.
Lemon In Your Home
Lemon leafs emit substances which provide air disinfection and destroy many bacteria. Therefore, it is very useful to have lemon tree in your house, so get a lemon tree and grown it in your home. This will help you get rid of some insects such as mosquitoes and flies.
Did You Know That …
Lemon can be used as invisible ink. You just need to write something using lemon juice and if you put the paper under light, the text can be read.
Several Beneficial Uses of Lemon
- Use pure lemon juice for wasp or bee sting to reduce pain.
- Lemon stops bleeding and you can use it as a natural antiseptic for your wounds.
- Lemon mixed with olive oil helps fighting against bile stones.
- Some people say that regular intake of fresh lemon can be helpful against kidney stones.
- Lemon helps fighting against acne. If you have oily skin, apply lemon juice on your face twice a day. Let it stay on your face for 5 minutes and rinse.
Always buy bright yellow and fresh looking lemons. Lemons with thin peel have more juice than lemons with thick peel.
Ingredients contained in this herb have shown to be ten thousand times more effective than Adriamycin, a chemotherapeutic drug used for slowing growth of carcinogenic cells. Even more amazing is the fact that lemon destroys cancer cells and does not harm healthy cells.