A Spice For Life – Health Benefits and Uses of Cinnamon
Cinnamon is a spice obtained from the inner bark of several trees from the genus Cinnamomum that is used in both sweet and savory foods. Cinnamon is used in traditional medicine, and several studies have tested chemicals extracted from cinnamon for various possible medicinal effects.
Health Benefits of Cinnamon
1. May lower blood sugar in people with diabetes
2. Cinnamon is used to treat pain(Pain Relivier) because it reacts with the hormone-like substance prostaglandin, which contributes to the contraction and relaxation of muscles.
3. Cinnamon may reduce inflammation, have antioxidant effects, and fight bacteria.
4. Cinnamon has been used for centuries to help women with heavy menstrual bleeding, whether it be due to endometriosis, uterine fibroids, adenomyosis, or primary menorrhagia as well as a result of childbirth, miscarriage, or any other fertility condition.
5. Cinnamon is commonly used across East Asia and Europe as a warming herb for conditions involving the body to become cold. In these cases, cinnamon is combined with ginger to treat a cold or flu.
6. A combination of honey and cinnamon is known to help relieve stomachache. The pair – which are packed with anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties – not only treats ulcers but also reduces gas in the stomach.
7. Dermatologists at the University of Grenoble say that the extract of cinnamon is one of the most effective cellulite removers. In the conducted experiment were involved 80 women who had this cosmetic problem. And the results were excellent. Also it has been proven that cinnamon extract improves the look of your skin.