Yes, there is such a thing as “healthy cookies”! And these do not contain any artificial sweeteners added, so be careful.
Instead of butter, for these chocolate cookies you need avocado. Sounds crazy, right? But, these cookies are organic and super-healthy. Avocados have rich and soft texture, and they are an ideal substitute for unhealthy butter. Actually, you will not taste it, so do not panic.
Avocados are an amazing source of healthy fats, vitamins and minerals. And, once again, when all the ingredients combine together, you will not taste the avocado at all.
- 2 ounces organic unsweetened chocolate (melt it in 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil)
- 1/2 organic avocado
- 2 tbsp unsalted organic almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 organic egg and 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp organic cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp organic almond flour
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Use a food processor or high-speed blender, and puree the avocado until smooth.
3. Add all the ingredients, one at a time, and pulse until everything combines well.
4. Keep the batter in your fridge for an hour.
5. Fill a pastry bag, or whatever you prefer using, and pipe the batter onto a cookie sheet. You can do the same by forming the cookies with a spoon.
6. Bake your cookies for 15-17 minutes.
7. Let them cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.
(Obtained permission from the website owner)