We all love going to a party. From time to time, there is something about being together with your friends, smiling with your best friend which really helps us reduce the stress of balancing everyday activities and family problems.
These days so many people are trying to live healthier, but choosing tasty, diet-friendly food and healthy drinks can be a real challenge. Party food should be easy to make and easy to eat. But could it also be relatively healthy?
-The following tips will help you choose healthier food and the recipes are less expensive and healthier alternatives to chips, pretzels, large tuna dish, cheese-sticks, high-fat family-sized pizza, hot wings and many more.
If you are throwing a party try following these tips:
1. Finger Food Recipes -Use non-stick cookware for minimal use of oil, or use low-calorie veggetable spray.
-Toothpick Combos E.g. Organic turkey meat with olives and organic cheese.
-Tortilla Roll-ups E.g. Cream cheese, organic ham, greens and onions.
2. Dip and Spread Ideas -Use low-fat or fat-free yoghurt and reduce fat in dips and creamy dressings.
- -Fruit Dip
- -Smoked Salmon Dip
- - Layer Dip
3. Sandwiches -Use low-fat cheese and organic meat.
- -Chicken Salad Sandwich
- -Egg Salad Sandwich
- -Tuna Salad Sandwich
- -Veggie Sandwich
- -Organic Meat and Organic Cheese Sandwich
- -Strawberry and Cream Cheese Sandwich
4. Salad Recipes -Use lemon juice or flavored vinegars to enhance the flavor of your salad.
- -Spaghetti Salad
- -Beans Salad
- -Fruit Salad
- -Veggie Salad
- -Tomato-Corn Salad
5. Dessert Ideas -Forgot high-fat cakes and pastries and serve healthy desserts instead!
- -Homemade Ice Cream
- -Apple Crunch
- -Fresh Berries
- -Exotic Fruits- Mango, Papaya, Kiwi
- -Yogurt and Granola Cups
6. Drinks-Offer alcohol free drinks. Look for some tasty lemonade or any healthy drink.
- -Pink Lemonade
- -Fresh Squeezed Lemonade
- -Ice Tea
- -Light Punch
- -Sparkling Juices
And if you are invited to any upcoming party, follow these tips:
1. First of all, do not go hungry, because everything looks delicious when you are hungry.
2. Reduce alcohol consumption. Just enjoy some healthy drink!
3. Take a walk around and make a good selection of healthy portions.
4. Select something nutrient rich, if you would like to have some appetizer, like bruschetta or shrimp in cocktail sauce.
5. Enjoy desserts in small portions.
Parties help us to reduce stress and have fun with our friends and family, but do not forget to eat and live healthy at that event, because no one is going to take care of you and your health as you do. So follow all these healthy party food tips and recipes and stay healthy during your long expected party, or even your friend’s.